Friday, July 31, 2026

Updated recipe for Costco Rib Roast

 Purchased from Costco on a Tuesday, dry aged in the fridge until Friday, standing straight up on its back.

Paint it with olive oil, add your dry rub, then back in the fridge until Sunday.




Sunday morning, throw it in a cold oven and turn the heat up to 250f/121c

This time I cooked it standing up for 3 hrs but the internal temp didn’t quite reach 47c after 3 hrs  so I laid it down bone side down and cooked it for another 30min this way.  Also added a few sprinkles of soy sauce.

Since my guests were running a bit late, it basically rested for maybe 5-6 hrs.


Once we were ready to eat, I threw it back under broil u til it started to smoke and put it came like this.



Not sure if it was the extra dry aging time in the fridge, or extra time cooking or extra time resting, but it was probably the best result I’ve had so far

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews