Saturday, February 26, 2011

O'Hanlon's

One of the places that we visited on our first night in Regina was O'Hanlon's.  It soon became one of our favourite hangouts during our two week stay in Regina.  Located less than 10 minutes walk from our hotel, it made it pretty accessible.  The place was crowded....packed at the weirdest times.  I guess Monday was Valentine's day so it was extremely busy, but the locals said this place was always packed on a Monday night. 




We must have gotten there just before the crowds did because we managed to score some tables, but it didn't take long for the place to be wall to wall with people.




.
The group I was with ate dinner already, but we met up with some others from our hotel and decided to tag along for a drink.



.


.
I'm not really sure how the food is at this place, but based on some of my colleagues, it wasn't too bad.  I sampled some like the vegetarian pizza (I know, don't laugh....I only agreed to taste it so I could comment on it) and it wasn't too bad.  The Yam fries were a bit raw in the middle, but don't let that stop you.  O'hanlon's is a pretty cool place to hang out, have some fun with your friends and just let loose.  On different nights, they have live bands, karaoke, dancing and who knows what other activities.  The booze is reasonably priced and the service is pretty good.  It's a good place to meet the locals, and if I ever go back to Regina, this is one place I'd definitely visit again.


O'Hanlon's Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews