Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bitten

I was originally planning on living on the cheap during my two weeks in Regina.  I even brought 10 packs of instant noodles, but deep down, the foodie inside (along with a couple of new friends I met over in Regina) coaxed me out of my stingy ways and got me to go out on a food sampling binge. 
Bitten was right around the corner from our hotel, and we were originally going to go there Monday night (but the place seemed to quiet and serene for folks like us who weren't there to celebrate Valentine's Day. 

We had a relatively large group so we got seated upstairs.
My friend had the calamari, and being so far away from the ocean, I was pretty skeptical about seafood.  Well, frozen seafood goes along way, and it turns out that it still tasted pretty good.  I was quite impressed with the tast as well. 

The yam fries turned out not so good.  They were actually a bit raw in the middle, and my friend broke the cardnal rule and actually sent them back.

I ordered a smoked salmon platter that came with an assortment of veggies, onions, some really good cream cheese and capers.....awesome combination.  I was quite happy with what I ordered.  I'd eaten a bowl of instant noodles before heading out, so all I was planning to do was have a drink.  But since everyone else was eating and sharing, I caved and ordered something safe.  Turns out, it was pretty good.


Another item I got to sample was this killer brownie with a scoop of ice cream.  It looks simple, sounds simple, but tasted dangerous.  I don't know if I was just slightly intoxicated, or this dessert really was that good, but I remember blurting out something like it was as good as sex.  In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure how accurate that statement is.
Bitten was a cool hang out, the atmosphere was quiet....someplace you'd bring a date.  The service was good and the prices were.....well, date prices.  Not somewhere I'd go on my own, or with a couple of pals to sutff our faces.  Yeah, I'd go again, under the righ circumstances. 


Bitten Appetizer & Dessert Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews