Monday, January 9, 2012

Salmon House revisited

My dad's birthday was a few months ago, and I was thinking of what to get him.  What did he need?  Frak, parents are really hard to shop for and I was racking my brain until I figured, how about an experience instead of something tangible?  I decided to take my parents someplace nice.  A place with an incredbily breathtaking view, and a pretty good meal to go with it.  It was a clear, sunny day and I decided to take them to The Salmon House.



We got our bread with a dish of whipped butter and that other stuff that I still haven't quite figured out what it is.  I asked our server, but I already forgot what it was.



I wanted my parents to try a variety of things they usually don't eat, so I started them off with the clam chowder.  I'm glad they were impressed.

My dad is a big fan of all things smoked, and though the smoked oysters weren't on the lunch menu, they still servered them anyway.  They were awesome, as usual, and again, my dad was happy with this dish.



My dad is trying to cut back on red meat, so I ordered the Alder-Grilled Hertiage Angus Steak.  I asked for blue, and though it wasn't exactly cold in the middle, it still tasted amazing.  Every bite was amazing. 




My dad stuck with his thing about cutting back on red meat and ordered the Alder Grilled Seafood Trio which came with salmon, prawns and one other thing, but I forgot what it was.  He said it was pretty good, but he kept on eyeing my steak and ended up trading lots of items with me.  By the end of it, I think I only had two slices of my steak, haha!

They had a special of black cod and my mom ordered this.  It was really tender, just the way we expected, although I'm not sure about the curry-based sauce on this fish. 

My dad is sometimes hard to please, especially when it comes to food, but he was quite happy throughout the meal.  Usually he will write these sorts of places off as over-rated, but he was quite happy with the experience all together.  I could tell because he actually said the food tasted good.  Usually he'll say, meh, it's okay.  He was also quite chatty with my mom, which tells me that he was checking to see what she thought.  Thankfully, they were both enjoying themselves.  Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews