Monday, January 9, 2012

White Spot (somewhere in Kits)

During the holidays, everything sort of slows down a bit, but I still wanted to go to class and practice (iaido).  I went one Saturday morning, and my buddy Ron was there, standing outside in the freezing rain.....the SRC (Student Rec Centre, UBC) was closed.  Frig.  So we decided to leave and grab a bite to eat instead.  We dediced on White Spot and the nearest one was in Kitsilano.

I decided to get something hearty and ordered whatever came with the most food.  I think it was called Nat's Hearty Breakfast or something. 

Ron ordered some sort of omlette.



Mine came with something I had never heard of - Smashed Potatoes.  Basically, I think it was a par-boiled potato that's pan fried (or possiblly deep-fried, haha!).  Anyway, it was slightly greasy, but that's what makes this sort of food taste good right?  Anyway, it was pretty good, but I needed to season it a bit.



Eggs, pancakes and sausages were a few of the other items that came with my meal.  I was quite satisfied by the end of my breakfast, and I was quite content.  The service was friendly and I'd probably go back if I was in the area.

White Spot (Kits) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews