Thursday, December 27, 2012

Steak at Home

Man, I have totally neglected this blog.  I tried to get back into it a while ago, but I fell off the wagon and thought it was sort of mendokusai to keep blogging.  I was sort of bored of it, and there was also the issue of taking too many pictures and not having the time to organize them and upload them. I think I was also getting more concerned with ranking on Urban Spoon than just writing.  From now on, I'll try to stick with why I started this blog:  to take shiny pictures of food I eat and maybe write a bit about it.

My buddy Eric comes into town once or twice a year, and he always buys too much food for his short stays.  Instead of letting the food go to waste, haha, sometimes I pick up his scraps.  This is a dinner I slapped together based on 100 Eric leftovers:  Steak, mini potatos, asparagus and garlic prawns from M&M Meat Shop:


I don't know why, but this particular steak wasn't very red and came out almost looking like pork in these pictures, but I assure you that it once mooed.  Despite the color, it came out pretty damned tasty.


The prawns and asparagus.


I was going to par-boil the potatos and pan fry them a bit, but had a craving for garlic mashed potatoes so I ended up doing that instead.....as if there wasn't enough garlic in the prawns and the pan fried asparagus. 


These pictures were taken with a Nikon P100.  I think I ended up trading it in for a P500 shortly after because the P100 really, really sucked.  I'm currently using the P500 and the Olympus EPL-2 that Eric gave me.


I think I gave up and ended up using the flash to get a better shot.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I just got back into reading your blog. Been busy since I came back for work. Jacq has me now on Boiled Sweet Potatoes for dinner every night now. So it is a bad timing to read your blog at night!!!

    But it is good to hear from you Petey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about you Pete. Karlo is in town and we had a couple of dinners with Nap. Karlo was just having a good time. Jacq says hello to you and Reika.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews