Friday, November 28, 2008

24 hr. Hot Menu


Wow, that wasn't so hard. Anyways, I want backtrack this blog to April of 2002. Why? Well, that's when I started taking pictures of food. The picture quality will be horrendous because I was using an old Sony Mavica, model MVC-FD7. This thing used floppy discs, never mind megapixels. The picture here isn't really of food, but of a vending machine. Actually, come to think of it, maybe I should give you all some basic background information. I was born in the 70's to immigrant parents and lived my whole life in a little place called Richmond, British Columbia. That's in Canada for those of you who don't know. Ok, that's enough for now.

The picture here is of a vending machine I saw in Japan. So, what's so great about a vending machine? This one serves hot food! And on a cold winter day in Ishinomaki, Miyagi-ken, hot food is from heaven. This machine served takoyaki, french fries, hot dogs, yaki soba, and a bunch of other stuff. The vendies that I was used to only sold pop, and coffee or hot chocolate in a crappy paper cup. This machine served hot food! I wanted to take it home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews