Thursday, July 28, 2011

French Toast

I had the food channel for a month and I got addicted to this TV show called Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  The food showcased on that show was right up my alley - tasty, but not necessarily healthy, haha!  One of those recipes was for French Toast.




I really don't know the millions of variations of this dish, but on this show, it was the first time I ever saw French Toast made with a baguette.  Cut the bread into sections about the size of a fist, and let it soak in a concoction of eggs, milk, brown suger and a squirt of vanilla extract overnight.  The next day, pan fry each side to seal it and toss the whole thing in the oven for a bit.  Serve on a plate with some fruits and drown it in whatever syrup is handy.  I used maple syrup, but Aunt Jamima's will do. 

The end result is a toasty-on-the-outside, soft-and-moist-on-the-inside French Toast that isn't soggy before it even hits your plate.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo that looks good but heavy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh yeah, there's nothing light about this meal. I would have sprinkled some icing sugar, but didn't have any. Try it, it's really not too bad, but you won'tbe hungry for the rest of the day =)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews