Monday, July 11, 2011

Marui Bakery

In the same area as Van-Ya Japanese Restaurant is Marui Bakery.  Apparently, the baker was trained in Japan, hence the Japanese name, and when I tried some of their non-Chinese desserts, I was transported back to a small bakery in Shinjuku station where I still have a points card for =).



Besides having some great Japaneses-style baked goods, they had a nice assortment of standard-issue Chinese pastries - EGG TARTS!  One of my favourites!









Mango Pudding



Yes, I caved and got egg tarts....so good when you reheat them in the toaster oven.

 
This cake-like bun is literally a taste of Japan, exactly as some others commercially available here, but his one is made fresh, here at Marui Bakery.  It`s definitely on my list of places to get when my sweet tooth is calling for something yummy. 



Marui Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews