Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Matoi Sushi

For food court sushi, Matoi Sushi isn't bad.  It really is just a little bar in the corner of H Mart downtown.  Someone told me that Matoi Sushi maybe been Japanese owned at one time, but when I went, they were definetly not.
 
I ordered the chirashi don, as I often do when I go to a Japanese restaurant for the first time.
It came with a nice assortment along with the usual salmon, tuna and ebi.  Matoi Sushi's chirashi don comes with a bit of masago, a few pieces of large hotate (scallop) and tako.  The pieces were fairly large, but still slightly frozen. 
My friend ordered some sort of spicy chirashi salad or something.  It came with a giant chili sauce squeeze bottle.  I don't remember if she said it was good or not.

This is another one of those places that I wouldn't go out of my way to return to, but if I was in the immediate area (ie shopping for Korean groceries) area and craving sushi, I may drop by.



Matoi Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews