Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Pit pub at UBC

One of the regular drinking holes we go to after class sometimes is The Pit pub at UBC.  It's within walking distance to our dojo and cheap beer on Tuesday nights.  I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, but even I know that $10/pitchers is a good deal. 
If we get there early enough, we might catch the kitchen before it closes.  Nothing beats some greasy deep fried food to go with the cheap beer.  I think their last call is 9pm, which is a bit early if you ask me.
The calamari is your regular run of the mill frozen stuff which is usually over-fried, but can't complain for $5.00.
I like to get the sampler platter, which comes with a little of everything - their version of fries, mozzarella sticks, zuchinni sticks, and mushrooms. 
The food is cheap and unhealthy, drenched with oil, but nobody said it was gourmet.  It's cheap, and convenient, and within walking distance of the SRC at UBC.  The only problem with the Pit is, sometimes the place is packed and really, really noisy.  Other times, it's empty, and relatively quiet enough to have a decent conversation.


The Pit Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews