Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Alpha

I don't know if Alpha is supposed to be an izakaya, or a sushi bar, or some sort of fusion restaurant.  I went there for a pal's birthday party and I just couldn't classify it.  The food and staff made me think izakaya at first, but the atmosphere and clientele made me think fancy, upscale fusion for Yaletown yuppies.
I know my review doesn't sound all that positive, but the food here was actually quite good, and there was nothing at all wrong with the staff - they were quite friendly and very, very genki.  The prices however, seemed a tad on the high side, even for an izakaya.  It's located nowhere near any other izakaya so not exactly en route if you plan to bar hop. 




Alpha Global Sushi & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews