Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thai House Richmond

I've only been to Thai House in Richmond once, and it was alright, but didn't really inspire me to return.  The food was good, but not outstanding, the service was decent, but again, nothing memorable.
Coconut milk, once a novelty in the 70's and 80's, but really nothing special anymore.
The skewers were good, but portions were a bit on the light side.
Not much imagination here.
This was actually really good, coconut and beef something or other.  It was rich and creamy and went really well with rice.  Heart-stopping, but good.
The pinapple fried rice was good, but could have used a bit more oil in the prep.....yes, it was a bit on the dry side, which is pretty unusual for Thai fried rice. 

Thai House isn't bad, despite my not so outstanding review.  It's close to home, so it's convenient, and it's not super expensive.  I guess maybe I don't often have a craving for Thai cuisine, but when I want something Thai-esque, I've had good experiences with Banana Leaf or Tropika.




Thai House (Richmond) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews