Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dinner at the Keg

How can you go wrong with the Keg? I never get bored of telling people how awesome this place is. It's on my list for my last meal on earth, it's on my "to do" list, it's on my grocery list. My stomach growls as I'm writing this and I want to go there right after work. What we have here is a Keg-Size Mango Marguerita next to a regular Caesar.
Onion Soup - When I usually go to the Keg, I hardly ever order soups, or appies, but for some reason, we did this time. If you're going to The Keg, stick to the meat, if you're going to have just a salad, then go nuts with the other stuff. The soup was alright, it's hard to go wrong with so much cheese on top.....love cheese.
The Crab Cakes were really, really salty. I'm not sure if it was just that one time, but these were seriously over-seasoned. I was crying for a jug of water afterwards, and not in the same rewarding way as after a bowl of ramen. I seriously doubt I'll order this one again, but if someone else did, I'd steal a peice just to see if it's still as salty.

Where's the garnish, where's the side veg? Looks pretty boring right? It was meant to. I go to The Keg to eat meat, not to frolick with my fork through the forest of greens that often comes with other fancy steak joints. The Back Ribs and Garlic Mashed Potatoes from The Keg do not need any sort of introduction here, they're just simply great. Now, I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but I've been told on numerous occasions that my BBQ pork ribs are way better.....I have to agree.

And of course the star of the show, the Keg-Size Prime Rib, hand crafted by God. If The Keg ever went out of business, I would commit seppuku.
Fat and bloody, just the way I like it. If you look really closely, you can see the blood pooling at the top. I love it.

On ocassion, I will even eat the grisle if it's got a nice spice rub coating it. In this case, I ate it.

A couple of friends have done me a few favours in the past, and I promised to repay them with dinners at The Keg......I can't wait to repay them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews