Thursday, December 9, 2010

Donair Town - UBC

The food court in the "village" at UBC really doesn't have much of a selection that I'd be brave enough to try - it's always damp, filthy and minging. But sometimes after class on a Saturday afternoon, the crew from my iaido class wants to grab a bite to eat and when we're too cheap to eat at Vera's Burger, it's the food court in the village. I've tried a couple of different places, including the sushi place (pics and review to come), as well as the Indian place (also pics and review to come) which has a pretty good Butter Chicken. The only gripe I have with the Indian place is that it costs more than Curry Express, and if you order a two item combo, they nail you an extra charge if you want two orders of butter chicken.....wtf. There are a couple of Chinese places but my ancestors would be rolling in their graves if I had Chinese food at this food court.




The donair at Donair Town is massive here...and when I say massive, I mean don't bother picking it up and try to eat with your hands because it's not going to happen....not gracefully anyway. On more than one occasion, I've seen my pals just pick up a fork, tear the thing open and treat the wrap as an edible bowl.





Me, I usually get the the lamb platter, which isn't half bad. I'm not sure it's 100% lamb - there's probably some ground up lamb mixed into it. The meat isn't very gamey, which means it's either got some filler in there, or the seasoning covers most of it up. I'm willing to bet it's both. Well, whatever, it tastes good. The houmous doesn't have much flavour until there's some chili powder dumped into it, the rice is good, and the salad could use a bit more dressing, some feta, some olives and maybe some onions, but that's just me being picky. Hilarious, I'm eating at a food court - shut up already.

Anyway, it's what I get when I go to the Village, and it's not bad. The staff are friendly, the food tastes good overall, and it's not that expensive.

Donair Town on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. LMAO I only ever go to Well Tea at the Village *coughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never been to Well Tea......is it any good, or do you go there because everything else is so bad, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO I think it's pretty decent, and their fried rice is really good~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arite, next time we all go for a bite, I'll suggest Well Tea and try the fried rice. It better be good, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place is so nice. It has very delicious foods.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews