Monday, December 20, 2010

Insadong Korean Restaurant

Clean...haha, that's about the most memorable thing about this place.  I was here a while back with some friends and family and ended up getting a room in the upper floor.  Finding parking was aggrivating to say the least.  When I arrived, there was a cloud of smoke hovering around the entrance from some of the patrons who still thought that smoking is good for the health. 
       
Upon entering the restaurant, I felt like I was.........in Asia. 
I know it's bad, but I love eating raw garlic and the miso chili paste with the meat.  I smell rancid for days, but that's the price you pay to enjoy good food.
Everything was clean, and neat.  There weren't sauces and meat-juice spilled all over the table, and the servers were careful enough to maintain this all during service.  I was pretty impressed....well, I get impressed when our server doesn't have their thumb in the food when placing the dish on the table.
Some kind of cold, seafood noodle salad....Lol, sorry, I am probably the last person you want to be asking for a review on Korean food. 
It's hard to tell in this picture, but most of the portions were generous.The japchae (no idea how to spell it) was done perfectly from what I can remember. Loads of meat, very little oil.  Some places, you see the noodles swimming in a pool of oil....not here.






The meat was of excellent quality, very fresh, and no sign of anything being frozen or recently defrosted.  My favourite for the nite had to have been the kalbi, but no images here...ate it too quick.



Overall, the food was good, the prices were okay and the service....well, the service could have been better, but it's not like the staff wasn't trying.  I think it was just a matter of the place being understaffed.  The restaurant is quite large and capable of seating a lot of people.  But it was also the spacing I guuess.  We were in a room on the upper floor so we were spread out and far from the rest of the dining area so maybe the staff had to do a little extra leg work to get to us. 

Would I go back?  I probably wouldn't go back unless someone else was driving.  Insadong isn't exactly close to where I live so I doubt I'd make the effort to go out that far.

Insadong Korean BBQ and Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews