Friday, December 10, 2010

Pita Express - More Food Court Regrets

You know you're in trouble when you go to a Pita place and see several bottles of Tuong Ot Sriracha Chili sauce lining the condiment section.  I was downtown for training a couple of weeks ago, and options are limited for a quick and decent bite to eat there.  Yes, I know of a couple of places that are good, but duty calls when it comes my readers and I have to try new places once in a while.  Pita Express is one of those places I wish I could untry. 


                

I ordered the lamb pita which came with what was supposed to be Greek Salad.....just how sour is it supposed to be?  I don't remember ever having Greek Salad quite this sour, and it wasn't a vinigar sour, it was more like a nasty, food-gone-bad sour.  To be fair though, the name of the shop never professed to be of Greek origin, so who knows what kind of salad that was supposed to be.  Now onto the Pita/wrap thing.  The lamb was bland and flavourless, with no hint of lamb taste whatsoever......maybe it was made with reconstituted protein powder?  Anyway, arguably the worst pita wrap I have ever eaten.....and the Thai chili sauce didn't help either.

Yeah, I know, it's the food court, so I should know better, but just because it's food court food, I can't assume that everyone knows it's crap.  The price was average, the food was awful, but on the lighterside, the staff were quite friendly and the proprietor did a really good job of reeling me in.  For those of you reading this, don't get caught like I did, hook, line and sinker.

Pita Express on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews