Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cactus Club Cafe - Burrard

I have to apologize for the lack of quality in these pictures.....I had a few too many drinks, so the images are a bit blurry, just like my vision that night.  Cactus Club on Burrard, I had no idea they even opened on up there, and from the outside, you can barely tell there's a restaurant there.  This location is pretty big, lot's of open spaces and two floors.  The decor is all very new and very Gucci.  I always wonder why they still have the word Cafe in their name, as Cactus Club has evolved into a pretty trendy steakhouse.
I wasn't particularly hungry this night, so I ordered the Beef Carpaccio which was pretty good.  It's too bad I started getting hungry after I finished it.
Someone ordered their Wor Wonton Soup.  Are you kidding me?  Wonton soup at Cactus Club?  Why it's even on the menu, I'll never know, what amazes me even more was someone actually ordered it.  I go to Tsim Chai Noodles if I want Noodles, or even Hon's.  This item is so out of place on this menu, it's ridiculous.  It would be like trying to order a hamburger at Dim Sum, or Kraft mac and Cheese at Le Crocodile.  I have no idea, it's just so wacked out, I can't get over it.

Anyway, this location is pretty much on par with other Cacti Clubs I've been to, the food is good, the service is awesome.  It is at this very location a few months back that I developed a taste for scotch.





Cactus Club Cafe (Burrard) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews