Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cafe Crepe - (Granville St. Near Smithe)

When the first one opened up so many years ago, there were line ups outside.  I never saw what the fuss was all about and never bothered to find out until recently.  Cafe Crepes started popping up everywhere....and no more line ups.

Some kind of tea to go with the sweets.
I got a crepe with Nutella and coconut shavings.  It was served on a plate with some chocolate drizzle and that was about as fancy as it got.  The quality was on par with some crepes I had at Konbiniya on Robson, or that place on Granville Island.  Cafe Crepe is just another cafe, like most others.  I have no idea why this place is considered so trendy, it really isn't that big a deal.  The crepe was tasty, but nothing out of this world. 

When me and my group dropped in, the rain was coming down pretty hard and we just needed a place for shelter. There was no line-up and when we sat down, the service was decent and the food was ok.  I'd probably go back, as long as there wasn't a line up.


Cafe Crepe (Granville near Smithe) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews