Friday, August 27, 2010

Samba's

Samba's is a bloodbath, a vegetarian's nightmare....I love it.  If there were ever an institution that promoted hostility towards the vegetable kingdom, it would be this place.  Ironic isn't it, that the first picture in this post isn't of meat?
Believe it or not, the "fillers" at Samba's are pretty good, and they did a great job of distracting me from the main attraction (no, not the dancers...the meat).  They usually have a nice assortment of pasta, salads, fish and shellfish.  Haha, for those vegetarians who don't consider selections from the ocean as meat. 

A little of topic here, but I once knew a person who told me that she didn't want to eat meat because it was cruel to animals, but fish were okay because they don't feel.  This is the same idiot who wouldn't hesitate to buy a LEATHER Louis Vuitton handbag, or wear shoes made of LEATHER. 
Of all their meats, I'd say that the Top Sirloin is probably the star of the show.  It's one of the few times you get that tingly feeling at the corners of your mouth when you take that first bite of  heaven.  The meat is cooked perfectly (at least during the first go-around), the fat ring is't overwhelming or chewy, and the spice rub is out of this world.  It makes everything else on the menu look unpleasant.  I could have eaten Top Sirloin all night, but I was stupidly distracted by everything else, including items from the "filler" bar.
Once in a while, you do need a palete cleanser, in my cse, the mushrooms did a great job....too bad they were so good I had to eat more than just bit.


Live entertainment.

Flip the card over to the red side, and servers stop dumping meat on your plate.

Green means your good to go, bring on the carnage.

Another shot of the sides/filler you can get from the salad bar.



.
.
.
.
More live entertainment.
So the servers come around to each table with a huge skewer of meat.  They do a prety good job overall of getting the meat out quickly, and they make even rounds, so no favouritism in certain areas of the restaurant (as is sometimes the case with Dim Sum).  The food servers are good, but I can't say the same for some of the waitresses.  This one time, we go the bill and I asked one waitress for change.  She said that she didn't have any change and told me to go to the 7-11 across the street for change.  WTF?  Did she not know that I was a customer, or was she just a complete moron, I will never know.  I spoke to one of the managers (who is great and used to be manager of Aji Taro, when it was still a good place to eat) about it, but that was about it.
It's an interesting way to serve food, but can get messy because at the end of the night, your table looks like a battlefield, covered with blood and bits of flesh.....a glorious way to eat
We went to Sambas one night for a bachelor party. Samba's had no trouble seating our group of about 10 or 15 people.  My buddy Jay made a novelty ball and chain from scratch for the doomed man. 

Sadly, the ball and chain would become more than just a metaphor for how this fallen warrior's life would turn out. 

Anyway, the price for Samba's has seen some sharp price hikes (now $29 M-TH, $32 F-S) in the last few years and have made us think twice about going there.  A Keg Size Prime Rib goes for about $26, so I usually find myself going to the Keg.  But then again, you get a lot of variety at Samba's plus some live entertainment for the extra few dollars. 

Samba Brazilian Steak House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews