Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Boston Pizza Grandview Highway

I've never had a good experience with Boston Pizza before, and I don't know if it was because I wasn't expecting much or because I ordered the right thing, but I actually had a good experience at the Boston Pizza on Grandview Highway.

A couple of my old co-workers got together and went to Boston Pizza to grab a bite to eat.  I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was nice to get together with them finally. 


We started off with a couple of appies that turned out pretty tasty, including some potato skins and some sort of Thai Chicken.  Actually not too bad, and would have been awesome with a couple of cold ones, but I was driving.

I knew that my Baked 7 Cheese Ravioli was an epic fail during the last time I was at Boston Pizza, so I steered clear of any pasta they wanted for $16.  Anyway, they had some sort of special that was floating around $10, so I ordered the Taco Pasta. 
I know what you're thinking, is this the same Peter that so vehemently ripped apart the Boston Pizza (Coquitlam) in a scathing review?  Yep, I tore a strip out of them, but I guess in this case, the price matched the taste and quality so there was nothing to be bitter about.  The pasta was actually cooked al dente, the green onions were freshly cut, the garlic toast wasn't bone-dry, and the strange combination of Tex-Mexican and Italian actually worked. 


There were some other dishes ordered, and the concensus was good all around, but in combination to some appies and my own dish, I was pretty content.  The service here was good, and the staff were friendly and attentive.  Would I go back?  Probably, if I was in the area.

Boston Pizza (Grandview Hwy) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews