Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moxie's on Davie

I don't know if it was me, or if it was just daytime.  I hadn't been to a Moxie's in a while, and I think I've only gone at night, but the presentation on the food just didn't look as nice as I remembered.  Who knows, maybe it might have just been this location, I'll have to give them another try sometime to make sure.





I ordered the Sirloin Steak Salad, something I knew tasted good before.  It seemed different in many ways.  First, there was a lot more food on the plate than I remembered, which is a good thing when the food tastes good.  And it did, but there was something else different about it and I still can't quite place it.  It just didn't look as appetizing as I remembered.  Maybe it was the choice of greens, or maybe it was just the lighting.  The sirloin steak was cooked just the way I like it - bloody rare, it came with the goat cheese, and the same dressing as I remembered.....no corn bread.  I could swear it used to come with cornbread that tasted like banana bread.  Anyway, it still tasted good, and there was a lot of food, so I wasn't disappointed at all.

Here's another shot of my steak salad.  It came with refular bread with goat cheese on top, so it was different than before, but not in a bad way.



My colleagues didn't complain about their food, nor did they offer me any so I could write about it, haha, but one thing that did catch everyon's eye.  Someone found a grape in their soup.  I have no idea if this was supposed to be there or not, but it was kind of weird to find that in one's soup, haha!


Moxie's Classic Grill (Davie Village) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews