Sunday, September 12, 2010

Boston Pizza - Coquitlam

Boston Pizza - pasta out of a can. Welcome to the world's worst pasta.  You can't get much worse that Boston Pizza when it comes to pasta, and their pizza isn't all that great either.  When I say worst, I mean dine in.  Chef Boyardee and Kraft Dinner can probably take the title of worst pasta in the world, but as far as dine is concerned, this award goes to Boston Pizza.  

I went there a few times in high school and college, but back then, I really had no idea what good eating was all about.  Back then, I thought that because I was eating in a restaurant (any restaurant) with some friends, we were high-rollers. 
 
Let's start off with what I ordered.  The Baked Seven Cheese Ravioli, but it only tasted like three.  Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan (probably Kraft) and who knows what else they claim there was in it.  Must have been the cheapest cheeses known to man, no smoked Asiago or Balderson's 6 yr aged cheddar here.   The cheap cheeses aside, let's get down to the ravioli.  I really had nothing crappier to compare it to at the time, but a few months later, I tried Chef Boyardee's canned beef ravioli for the very first time and I found the connection.  I am not exagerating when I say that they tasted exactly the same to me.  I was shocked because to me, the Chef Boyardee is desperation food, when I'm just too lazy to pack a lunch.  If it goes ding in the microwave after two minutes, that was my meal.  Anyway, for $0.98 a can, it's not a bad deal, but plated for $15.89???  Either this dish is really that bad, or the kitchen ran out of the real stuff and cracked open a can of Chef Boyardee and suffed it in.
My friend had the ribs and they were boiled for about 20 minutes with a little BBQ sauce. 
 
Doesn't this just look classy? 

I can't tell you how badly I felt ripped off.  There are no words to describe my  anger in the fact that I handed over $15.89 (even more expensive than say, Anton's - which has inredibly good pasta) for them to open a can of ravioli and pass it off as grourmet pasta.  Yes, the words on the menu actually says "Gourmet Pasta" but it wasn't even close. Of course, I have no one to blame but myself for believing it, but it really is false advertisement at the same time.  Boston Pizza is ripping people off by the masses, and to me, it's an act of God (an evil, malevolent God) that's keeping this place in business.

Boston Pizza really needs to close it's doors.


Boston Pizza (Maillardville) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews