Friday, September 10, 2010

Denny's Marine Drive

Every watch Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?  Don't those little burgers look tasty?  Whether your just finished at the night club, or dinner just wasn't enough Denney's is open all night.  It's one of the last old-school diners around, and I hope they never change.  Unlike Whitespot, which started from drive-thru takouts and now wants to be all trendy and upscale, Denny's retain's that classic diner setting, along with a variety of decent priced food.  It's not gourmet, but whatever, it's cheap and quick.
The sampler platter is an example of all things unealthy, no steamed veggies here.  Deep fried mozzarella sticks, onion rings, and chicken strips, and it comes with two dipping sauces that are made from who knows what.  It's a good share plate, but when I have the munchies, I don't like to share mine. 
A pile of onion rings with the mini-burgers.  Most places call them sliders now, but when I first watched Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle, I really wanted a Whitecastle burger.  Unfortunately, there are none where I live so I settled for the minis at Denny's. 

The Denny's on Marine Drive has a bit of special nostalgia for me.  My parents took us there sometimes before setting off on a road trip, I had a free birthday breakfast there once after camping out in front of A & B Sound for their boxing day sale, and I've spent a more than a few mornings there nursing my head after a long night of boozing. 

It hasn't changed much over the years, the service is the same as always, they'll get to you when they get to you, the quality of food is about the same, and the prices have fluctuated along with inflation, but other than that, it's still the same.  Denny's...always there when you need.


Denny's (SW Marine Drive) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews