Monday, March 7, 2011

The Rooftop

How many posts from Regina already?  I've lost count, but looking bad, it seems like I ate out a lot when I was there!  Another place I managed to visit was this place called The Roof Top Bar and Grill.  A couple of colleagues wanted to out, and I'd already eaten so I tagged along for a drink.  I wasn't expecting much, but when we stepped inside, we found a pretty classy looking place. 

It wasn't that busy considering it was a Friday night, but then again, it was -30 with the wind chill so I'm not surprised the place was practically empty. 

My friend's Martini.
On Friday nights, they have Ken Jefferson come in to play the piano.  This gentleman knew over 1000 sounds, including some songs I didn't think he would know, like Lili Marlene.  He takes requests of any sort, and this one time, even let one of our group play the piano for a while.


I was pretty full from dinner and most of my colleagues were as well, but some decided to order desert.  I sampled some of the cheesecake, and I'd have to say it would be worth coming back here just for the deserts and atmosphere.

Of course, someone was hungry and ordered the Lobster Broccoli Cheddar Dip ($11.97) which in taste was out of this world. 

Besides the fact that we weren`t really hungry, the kitchen was closed for food anyway.  I had a chance to speak to the proprietor and he suggested that the next time I visit, I should try the prime rib.  Unfortunately, I didn`t get a chance to go back before leaving Regina.  I think if I were to return to Regina, I would definitely take him up on his suggestion because I happen to love Prime Rib.  The staff were quite friendly and the service was great.  The atmosphere was definitely nice as well. 



Roof Top Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews